Every week, you will be writing one or more papers covering your reading. All papers should be emailed to Tom Knight (firstname.lastname@example.org) the Tuesday evening before the intern discussion. Format the subject line of the email as follows: Joe Christian-Internship Week 1
Here are a few key things to remember as you write your papers:
1. Keep summarizing to a half-page. The bulk of your paper should be given over to wrestling with and responding to the readings. The following are the kinds of questions you should be asking as you engage with the readings:
- Was the author convincing?
- Did the reading seem Scriptural?
- How could these principles be implemented in an actual local church?
- Do you have unanswered questions?
- How did this reading challenge you personally?
2. These are not research papers, so there is no need to do bring in additional sources. A good paper will engage closely with the assigned reading and bring relevant biblical texts to bear.
3. For weekly response papers, clearly indicate your name and the date in the upper right hand corner of your paper. Special papers-weeks 10-13-should have a title page. All papers should use standard formatting; no exotic fonts or extra large margins.
4. Use parenthetical references to cite your readings in the text. For example: (Davis, 132).