“The King will reply, “I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.” – Mathew 25:40
The Caring Center was established in 1980 and sells donated clothes and other small articles at a minimum price to raise moneys for benevolence in the name of Christ.
- To provide an avenue of witnessing in the name of Christ.
- To provide an ongoing avenue of service for all members of First Baptist Church and other Christian volunteers.
- To render service to the economically deprived people in our community regardless of race, creed, or culture. Money is distributed as available to community ministries (e.g. Durham Rescue Mission, Pregnancy Support Services, NC Baptist disaster relief, etc.) and needy individuals referred through Social Services or other reliable parties and agencies. Screening for need is not performed by the Caring Center.
- Donations of GENTLY USED clothing and shoes for men, women, and children, household items, seasonal decorations, books and toys are all accepted from anyone willing to contribute. A drop-off bin is located at the entrance facing Roxboro Street for your convenience. Pick-up service is not provided.
Sub-basement (under Morgan Hall). Entrance is from the back door facing Roxboro Street. There will be no access to other areas of the church when open.
Friday: 10:00 am to 12:00 noon.
Saturday: 10:00 am to 12:00 noon.
Tuesday: 10:00 am to 2:00 pm – Volunteers sort clothes, restock, and clean. The Caring Center is not open to the public on Tuesday. For church members…If you would like to volunteer on this day, please contact one of the coordinators or the church office for more information.
The Caring Center is closed for all Major Holidays.
Caring Center Coordinators:
Jayme Ung and Kelly Pendergraft
We accept used magazines in good condition (preferably bound or boxed) and HANGERS of any type (adult and child size), especially clip type hangers used for pants, shorts and skirts.
The Caring Center will be closed on the following dates:
- Friday, April 3
- Saturday, April 4
- Friday, May 22
- Friday, June 19 – Saturday, July 25
- Friday, September 4
- Saturday, September 5
- Friday, September 25
- Saturday, September 26
- Friday, November 27
- Saturday, November 28
- Friday, December 18
- Saturday, December 19
- Friday, December 25
- Saturday, December 26