“Touching lives with love”
“It is a wonderful thing to be alive! If a person lives to be very old, let him rejoice in every day of life.” (Ecclesiastes 11:7-8)
Purpose of the Homebound Ministry
- To provide an arm from the church to minister to the spiritual needs of our homebound members.
- To add quality and meaning to the life of the homebound by giving love, encouragement, and relieving anxieties.
- To minister to the personal needs of our homebound members.
How We Try to Do This
- Visits on a regular basis.
- Birthday and Anniversary parties.
- Bring our homebound members to church and other places where needed.
- We have one Sunday designated as ‘Homebound Sunday’ when we bring all homebound members who are able to church.
- We have Bible studies in 3 nursing homes.
- We have professional speakers on related subjects on a regular basis.
- We take our homebound members out to lunch or for a ride if they can leave the home.