The Caring Center is a thrift store located on the bottom floor of the church building. It was created as a way for our church to demonstrate the love of Christ by caring for those with economic needs in our community. Members can participate in this work by donating clothes and other small articles as well as serving at the store.
Ways to Serve
- Tuesday Sorting – Volunteers can serve Tuesdays from 10:00am to 2:00pm, sorting clothes, restocking, and cleaning.
- Friday and Saturday Store Hours – Volunteers can serve from 10:00am – 12:00pm on Fridays and Saturdays when the Caring Center is open fulfilling various roles.
- For more information, write to email@example.com!
Make a Donation
If you would like to donate to the Caring Center, here are a few guidelines.
- Donations of GENTLY USED clothing and shoes for men, women, and children, household items, seasonal decorations, books and toys are welcome.
- A drop-off bin is located at the entrance facing Roxboro Street for your convenience. Pick-up service is not provided.
- We accept used magazines in good condition (preferably bound or boxed) and hangers of any type (adult and child size), especially clip type hangers used for pants, shorts and skirts.
- FBC Durham Basement, 414 Cleveland Street, Durham, NC 27701 (map)
- Details: Entrance is from the back door facing Roxboro Street. There is no access to other areas of the church when the center is open.
- Friday: 10:00am to 12:00 (noon)
- Saturday: 10:00am to 12:00pm (noon)
- NOTE: Please check our church calendar (here) for open dates!